- Set your guest list and budget. Then set the date, or decide on the range of dates that you are looking at. Hire a wedding planner if desired.
- Procure proposals and hire a tent company, revise the budget if needed.
- Hire a photographer and entertainment. Then hire a caterer and florist.
- Hire more vendors: lighting professional, invitation designer, calligrapher, hair and make-up artists, cake baker, videographer, valet/transportation.
Less than One Year to the big day…
- 6 – 9 months out: Select wedding day attire for entire wedding party.
- 5 – 7 months out: Finalize your guest list and collect all mailing addresses.
- 4 – 6 months out: Send out save-the-dates if so desired.
- 2 months out: Have your catering tasting, do a final walk through at the home with all the major vendors (tent, catering, lighting, florist, at least).
- 8 weeks out: Mail the invitations to the wedding and the rehearsal dinner.
One Month Left…
- 30 days out: Apply for all the permits you may need for your event and obtain your marriage license. Finalize your floor plan and review all vendor contracts to see if changes need to be made (such as number of table centerpieces needed). Send song requests/choices to entertainment, and send your family portrait list to your photographer. Meet with your seamstress for your dress fitting.
- 14 days out: Give your minimum headcount to your caterer. Send wedding day timeline to vendors. Start work on ceremony programs, escort cards and menu cards.
- 10 days out: Decide on your final tent plan. Confirm all rentals and installations with your vendors.
One Week Left…
- 7 – 8 days out: Have underground lines marked before the staking/digging begins.
- 4 – 6 days out: Installation will begin on your floor; give your final head count to your caterer.
- 2 days out: Installation will begin on your tents. Deliver welcome bags to hotels. Get a mani/pedi.
- 1 day before: Make final adjustments to your plan based on the forecast, rehearse your ceremony.